Physical Therapy for Strength Recovery
Whether you’re recovering from something as dramatic as surgery, healing from an injury or illness, or just trying to overcome a specific dysfunction in the body, physical therapy helps improve movement and restores functionality. It can also help you regain your strength and increase your range of motion.
Here at Bayside Physical Therapy, we guide patients down the road to recovery with physical therapy and strength recovery treatments. We also offer TMJ therapy. These treatments are customized to each individual and include various exercises to generate various muscle contractions, manual techniques to optimize fluid dynamics and electrical impulse transmittal, muscle firing pattern restoration, and other varied strategies.
What Problems Could Benefit From Strength Recovery?
Your Bayside physical therapist will help you feel strong again. Ranging from shoulder pain to whiplash, we treat a broad range of conditions with strength recovery techniques. Some examples include:
- Back & Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Hip & Knee Pain
- Foot & Ankle Pain
- Hand, Wrist, & Elbow Pain
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Balance Loss or Difficulty Walking
- Chronic Somatic Syndromes and Disorders
- Radiation or Chemotherapy Side Effects
- General Loss of Strength and Function
- Chronic or Unexplained Pain
What are the Benefits of Using a Physical Therapist for Strength Recovery?
Physical therapy can be incredibly beneficial to people who suffer from muscle loss and weakness due to any possible reason.
Strength recovery, as a part of a balanced physical therapy treatment program, offers benefits that can be quite effective. Besides helping relieve pain and restore function, muscle strengthening can also provide benefits such as:
- Better Overall Function Regarding Strength, Control, Endurance, Precision, and Agility
- Improved Blood Circulation
- Improved Mobility and Balance
- Injury Prevention
- Pain Reduction or Elimination
- Improved Core Stability
- Greater Vitality